- Wade Phillips – Dallas Cowboys – November 8 – Fired after Dallas, projected to win their division, were thought of as the worst team in NFL (despite the Buffalo Bills having a winless season at that point).
- Brad Childress – Minnesota Vikings – November 22 – Fired after multiple arguments with star players and realization that the playoffs were no longer reachable this season, as they made it to the NFC Championship game last season.
- Josh McDaniels – Denver Broncos – December 6 – Fired after being caught videotaping the 49ers before the London game.
- Mike Singletary – San Francisco 49ers – December 27 – Jed York fired Mike just hours after the loss to the St. Louis Rams which put the 49ers officially out of the playoff hopes, after San Francisco was projected to win the division. Mike’s coaching record for the 49ers ended at 18 wins and 22 losses.
- Eric Mangini – Cleveland Browns – January 3 – After 2 straight seasons at 5-11 including losing the last 4 games of this season, Mike Holmgren made the decision to not give Eric a third chance.
My predictions for the next coaches to be fired before next season:
- Jeff Fisher – Tennessee Titans – He may not be back next year, between arguments with quarterback Vince Young and coaching/owner staff, despite his record of success in the past.
- Tony Sparano – Miami Dolphins – Many fans are calling for Tony to be released if Miami has any chance for the future. His job is at this time undetermined.