With questions regarding who will be under center next season for the 49ers, I decided to hear your thoughts.
San Francisco has announced that the next starting quarterback is not on the roster. Alex and Troy Smith have not solidified their right to be a starter next season, and the 49ers have the 7th overall pick in the 2011 draft with a new head coach out of a successful college coaching career.
Vernon Davis stated he would not mind catching balls from either Kyle Orton (being replaced by Tim Tebow on the Broncos) or Donovan McNabb (being replaced by anybody on the Redskins). With Michael Vick going off the hinges this year, Kevin Kolb is available from the Eagles. Then there’s the possibility of Matt Leinart, released by the Cardinals, having a chance.
What do you think? Vote below — you can select up to two options.
Who will be the next 49er Quarterback? (select two)
- Kevin Kolb from the Eagles (36%, 10 Votes)
- They'll take someone from the draft (32%, 9 Votes)
- They'll end up staying with a Smith (Alex or Troy) (32%, 9 Votes)
- Donovan McNabb from the Redskins (14%, 4 Votes)
- Kyle Orton from the Broncos (7%, 2 Votes)
- Matt Leinart from the Cardinals (7%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 28