On a scale of 1 through 5, how would you rate the MNF Seelers @ 49ers game?
- 5 - The 49ers dominated! Playoffs here we come! (60%, 6 Votes)
- 1 - The Steelers lost! hahaha (40%, 4 Votes)
- 3 - If James Harrison couldn't play football, nobody could play football! Lights OUT!! (40%, 4 Votes)
- 4 - The 49ers actually scored a touchdown! (10%, 1 Votes)
- 2 - The Steelers couldn't pull out a win (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 10
Interceptions were made by Dashon Goldson, Carlos Rogers, and Tarell Brown. Ray McDonald also forced a fumble on a Big Ben sack, which speaking of sacks, Aldon Smith had 2.5 of them, giving him a total of 13 sacks for the year, a 49er rookie record. Pro Bowl? Definitely. Best rookie of the year? You’re damn right.
Ben Roethlisberger went 25-for-44 for 330 yards, no touchdowns, 3 interceptions. Alex Smith managed 18-for-31 for 187 yards, 1 touchdown, no interceptions. Turnovers killed the Steelers.
The Steelers end their 4-game win streak, and likely their chance of winning their division (although they are locked down for the playoffs, now with a 10-4 record). The 49ers stay atop the Saints for a first-round bye.
And do you want to hear a crazy factoid? If the 49ers win the last 2, and the Packers lose the last 2 of their games, the 49ers are the NFC winners, and the road to the Super Bowl will travel through San Francisco. Bizzaro!