It’s not a secret that the Red & Gold Faithful are in need of a new signal caller throwing the football for this season. It’s also very apparent that we’re overpaying some of our defensive secondary players, and I won’t mention any names like Nate Clements. Oops.
However, Jim Harbaugh loves Alex Smith and believes the kid can still be the starter that he was drafted over Aaron Rodgers to be. Regarding the cornerback situation, I have no idea. The Arizona Cardinals sniped Patrick Peterson which means that the 49ers, a few picks later, grabbed the first defensive lineman of the 2011 NFL draft, Aldon Smith.
He’ll be with former Missouri defensive lineman Justin Smith, and will be on the field with Patrick Willis – not a bad combination, really. 6’4¼” and 263 lbs coming out of Missouri, let me throw some of his 2009 credentials your way…
- 2009 1st-Team Freshman All-American (College Football News, Phil Steele)
- 2009 Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year (Associated Press)
- 2009 Big 12 Defensive Freshman of the Year (Coaches)
- 2009 Hendricks Award Watch List
- 2009 2nd-Team All-Big 12 (Associated Press)
- 2009 Hon. Men. All-Big 12 (Coaches)
- 2009 Team Defensive Lineman of the Year Award
- 2009 Team Freshman of the Year Award
I suppose that’s some good stuff. Here’s his college stats:
He looks fierce, even in this short video!
Who will we draft today?