I was bored with the first film, and haven’t seen the others. I suppose I’ll have a Twilight fanatic come sit with me and watch all of them at once for some marathon – I’ll have the barf bucket on-hand!
Summit Entertainment confirmed on Thursday that the final instalment of The Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn, will be split into two separate films. In an official press release, Summit announced that the project will “illuminate the secrets and mysteries” of the series and is due to begin production next autumn with the first of the two slated to be released in theatres on November 18, 2011,” the statement read.
Finally, a Barack Obama conspiracy theory for the rest of us! Everyone from Tea Partiers to hip hop message boards thinks Obama was an extra in the music video for Tag Team‘s single “Whoomp (There It Is)“.
This is not the observation of just one random Internet weirdo. Other Internet weirdos have come to the same conclusion, including posters on the hip hop message board Tha Corner, the message board SomethingAwful and the Tea Party website Tennessee Sons of Liberty. The latter wrote: “This is an observation. This is not meant to be derogatory or inflammatory.”
Let’s look at some of the factual information regarding this:
- It really really looks like him!
- Obama has a well-documented fondness for hip hop. He likes Kanye West and Ludacris.
- Obama has a history of hip hop cameos. In 2008, reports said he was featured on an upcoming Q-Tip track. Though Q-Tip ended up simply sampling one of his speeches.
- As one commenter on SomethingAwful noted: The man in the video is playing dominoes with his left hand. BARACK OBAMA IS ALSO LEFT HANDED!
- The video was released in 1993. Barack would have been around 31 when it was filmed, a year or two out of Harvard Law. Seems like something cool that our coolest, cigarette-smoking, hoops-shooting future president would do as an early 30-something.
What do you think? Aren’t the resemblances too similar? The nose, ears, teeth, etc? Sorry, Internet, it’s not Obama. But as far as conspiracy theories go, it’s way better than that whole secret Muslim thing.
The Boston Celtics have tied up the NBA finals, and they owe it more to “Big Baby” than the Big Three. Backup Glen “Big Baby” Davis scored half of his 18 points in the fourth quarter on Thursday night as the Celtics bench pulled away from the Los Angeles Lakers to win 96-89 and even the best-of-seven series at two games apiece. “Just will, that’s all it is,” Davis said. “This is what legends are made of, this is where you grasp the moment. … Just play in the moment.”
There’s no rational reason why the fire in Glen Davis’ belly will be suddenly extinguished. How many loose balls and up-for-grabs rebounds did he wrestle from the hands of Pau Gasol and Ron Artest? Kobe Bryant scored 33 points (which was partly due to a number of 3-pointers he put up) and Gasol had 21 for the Lakers, but were not enough to win the game.
Game 5 is Sunday night in Boston. The Celtics’ win guaranteed them a trip back to Los Angeles and averted a 3-1 deficit that has never been overcome in NBA finals history.