Pornography has been traded online since the 1980’s, even in the form of ASCII art, and then, with the rise of the world wide web in the 1990’s, adult webistes began springing up everywhere. Here are the figures for the enormous world of internet pornography.
- A full 12% of websites on the net are pornographic.
- A quarter of search engine queries (around 68 million a day) are related to porn.
- The top pornography-related search terms are “sex,” “adult dating,” and “porn.” There are some 116,000 searches for “child pornography” daily.
- Sunday is the most popular day for viewing porn online. Thanksgiving day the least popular day.
- The “average age at which a child first sees porn online is 11.”
- Twenty percent of men and 13% of women say they have watched porn online while at work.