So here’s the new logo that will be on our shirts for football this year. Pretty sick!
Also, mix that up with the cleats Joe and I just got today from Eastbay..
We both have new gloves, I have my orange wristbands and white pants/shirt to go under the blue shirt/shorts.. fierce!
We have our first real game on the 24th up in San Francisco – come out if you can! This will be a preview of the superbowl game for us in a few months, as team we did not scrimmage against looks to be the toughest out of our opposition. Our defense however should be able to shut down the wicked offense they have, and I doubt they have a real answer for our 3-4 excellent receivers and top QB. ;)
In other news, I’m sad to see the Packers go down in the first round, but at least Brady and the Patriots went down as well. Go Ravens! Tom Brady struggled mightily against the Ravens on Sunday, to the tune of the worst passer rating of his playoff career. Hah hah! Ed Reed, Ray Lewis.. thank you. Shut this crybaby down. =)P~
That made me sad, but was a fantastic game. The people eating at the restaurant who were not watching the game kept having to deal with the crowd — half of the fans cheering when the Packers would score, the other half cheering right back when the Cardinals would score. Here’s some fun facts:
• Karlos Dansby’s 17-yard fumble return for the winning score came just 1:18 into the extra period, making this the second-quickest finish to an OT playoff game in NFL history.
• It’s also the second playoff OT to end on a defensive TD out of 26 games which have reached overtime. The other? Al Harris with a 52-yard interception return for the winning score in the 2003 NFC Wild Card game for the Packers.
• Kurt Warner threw for 379 yards and five touchdowns, his second career five-TD postseason game. He joins Daryle Lamonica as the only players with a pair of games with at least 5 passing TDs.
• Larry Fitzgerald had a pair of TDs, giving him nine in the postseason for his career. That’s the highest total in NFL history through any player’s first five playoff games.
• This was just the second time in the Super Bowl era in which both QBs threw for at least 300 yards and four pass TDs in the same game, and Kurt Warner was involved in both. The other was the 1999 Divisional playoff game against Jeff George and the Vikings.
• Aaron Rodgers set a Packers single-game postseason record with 422 pass yards, and Green Bay scored its highest points total in a postseason game.
Courtesy of: http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=300110022
So, I’m taking the Mustang in tomorrow to have the bumper replaced, after some rear-ended me on the way to work last week. I’m hoping to have a 2010 Mustang for the weekend though, so we’re all good! The only decision is.. LA, San Diego, or snowboarding for the weekend? Total roadtrip time!
Also on a side/random note, a long lost cousin texted me last night; apparently her best friend found me on Facebook, hah! I haven’t seen this cousin (or her sister) since she was maybe 8 or 9, some 15+ years ago. =)
Hooray for family reconnections!